Tour: Machupicchu 1 Full Day by train.
Now is easy to experience one of the 7 wonders of the world (Machupicchu) in just one full day tour, but you need to stay in Cusco City for at least one day before because the tour starts early in the morning.
During the trip from Cusco to Machu Picchu you will enjoy fantastic and beautiful landscapes, first by bus from Cusco to the train station of Ollantaytambo, then by train to Aguas Calientes. Continue your trip 30 more minutes by bus until the top of the mountain where you will find the Ancient city of the Incas (Machu Picchu).
Here in Machu Picchu you will explore with our professional tour guide the great sanctuary of Machu Picchu and its most important areas, such as the agricultural sector, urban sector, religious sector, temple of the sun, temple of the condor, etc. After visiting the fantastic Inca city you will return to Cusco in the same way that we arrived.
ITINERARY: MACHUPICCHU 1 FULL DAY TOUR:
Early in the morning we will pick you up from your hotel in our bus. Then we will travel
to the Ollantaytambo train station to catch the train which will take us to Aguas Calientes (a small town close to Machu Picchu). The train ride takes about 2 hours, and offers spectacular scenery on the way to one of the 7 wonders of the world, which combines mountains and huge jungle. The train descends to 2100 meters. Without a doubt this is one of the most spectacular rides we have in Peru. Once you arrive in Aguas Calientes our tour guide will meet you at the train station and then take you to the bus station, from where you will take the bus to the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. This short trip by bus is aro
und 30 minutes along unpaved road from Aguas Calientes to Machupicchu. The road is very steep and winding through a high jungle and mountains and features stunning views. Finally you will arrive in Machu Picchu where our professional tour guide will wait for you for your guided tour through the most important sectors of this beautiful Inca citadel of Machu Picchu. The guided tour will be for approx. 2 hours and 30 minutes, and you will visit the agricultural area, the urban area, as well as Intiwatana, located in the highest part of the citadel, the temple of the sun, the temple of the condor, and other important sectors. After the guided tour you will have free time to explore the Inca city by yourself, and if you like you can go to the sun gate door,
from where you can take the best pictures. After visiting Machu Picchu you have to take the bus to return to Aguas Calientes where you can have lunch. In the afternoon you will return to Cusco, first by train from Aguas Calientes to Ollantaytambo, and then by bus to Cusco. In total, the trip from Aguas Calientes to Cusco is approximately 4 hours. The arrival in Cusco is estimated at 20:00 h. approx. End of the tour.
- Pick up from your hotel in Cusco.
- Bus transportation from Cusco to Ollantaytambo (round-trip transportation).
- Train Tickets, Peru Rail or Inca Rail, Ollantaytambo – Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo.
- Bus up and down in Machu Picchu.
- Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu.
- Professional guide for Machupicchu.
- Transfer to your hotel upon arrival.
What is not included?
- Extras & gratuities.
- Hotel in Cusco.
Bring With You:
- Photo or Film Camera;
- warm sweater or jacket.
- Comfortable Shoes.
- Insect Repellent.
- Sunblock, Hat or Cap.
- Original passport.
- Snacks (pretty expensive in Machu Picchu).
- Extra money in soles.
- Machu Picchu itself is located at 2400 meters above sea level, therefore there is no need to worry about the elevation.
- It is necessary to bring a rain poncho because it usually rains. If you are taking this tour between December and March, we recommend bringing an umbrella.
- From May to October is the dry season, bring a hat or cap, sunscreen and sunglasses.
- We require all personal information in order to reserve the tour.
- This tour is conducted in Spanish and English.
- Your booking confirmation will be issued once you have made payment.
Note: Contact us for more information. email@example.com – firstname.lastname@example.org Best prices are available for groups.
The program can be modified according to your requirements, for example: The duration of your tour, interests and activities, flight reservations, additional destinations and other contingencies.